7/27/09

week 8

i ran 12 miles on saturday! i can't believe i did it. i didn't think i could pull it off because i fell off the wagon last week on my shorter runs. but i pulled it off in 1 hour and 54 minutes, which comes out to an average of 9.5 minutes per mile.

afterwards, i waded in the lake to cool off. it felt so nice! i might just jump in one of these days.

so for my long run debrief: the first half felt rough. part of it was the heat, and the other part was because i didn't do my shorter runs during the week. i wanted to walk so badly, but i didn't want to lose the group and run alone. that totally motivated me. but after the first half, i ate one chewy gummy thing and i got my second wind.

pre-run food: i ate a small bowl of my homemade yogurt, fruit and granola before the run. i've done that for the last 2 weeks and it seems to work just fine.

during run food: as mentioned before, i ate one chewy gummy block. i think it was ok, but i did get a small cramp during mile 10. i don't know if it was the chewy thing or too much water.

post run: i was in so much pain! my right knee still hurts when i walk. will made me two ice packs for my knees, and i iced while playing settlers for 2 hours that night. i think that helped, but the pain isn't totally gone, and i'm running 3 miles tonight. i'm gonna have to keep icing.

next week is 13 miles. honestly, part of me is wondering what i was thinking and wishing i had signed up for the half marathon. the second half seems insurmountable! but i know i gotta think positive! that's what people keep telling me.

this week's runs:

mon: 3 mi [done]
tue: 6 mi [done]
thu: 4 mi [done]
sat: 13 mi [done]

No comments:

Post a Comment