2/3/12

Surviving winter

As a native of LA, I've had to adjust to winters in colder climates. Although Denver isn't as cold as Columbus or Chicago, it can feel pretty cold and long for a softy like me. We're in the middle of a snow storm and I thought I'd share some things I do to keep warm and get through the winter.

1. Go out: It's easy to get holed up at home and not want to do anything. Even though it's an effort, once I go out, I'm glad I did. I enjoy taking the shuttle to downtown and walking around.

2. Eat hot foods: This winter it's been all about eating hot foods - they warm me up! Shabu shabu, samgyetang (korean chicken soup with rice), hot stone bibimbap and roasted yams or sweet potatoes are some of my favorites to cook at home.

3. Hot drinks: Along the same lines as #2. I drink something warm throughout the day.

4. Exercise: This is another one that's like pulling teeth for me. When it's cold I don't feel like doing anything. But I've been exercising 3-4 times a week and it's great to warm up the body break out in a sweat regularly. I go to the gym and on weekends take walks with W at Washington Park.

How about you? Any tips for surviving the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment