3/12/10

Wanna Be

I started reading Alicia's Silverstone book The Kind Diet a couple of weeks ago when I picked it up from the library. Unfortunately, I only read a couple chapters of it before I had to return it to the library. But it did get me thinking about food and the food industry in the U.S. It was some pretty disturbing stuff, which I won't go into detail here.

Anyways, I don't think I could become vegetarian or vegan, but I have begun to eat less meat when I can. This week I ate at an Indian vegetarian restaurant, a vegetarian sandwich at Potbelly's, a vegetarian bowl at Chipotle, and a vegetarian stir-fry at the work cafeteria (I don't usually eat out this much, but we fell off the cooking bandwagon this week). You know, I hardly noticed it. And also most of the Korean food we make at home is vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment